SEO drives quality organic traffic to a website, that is an established fact.
Traffic lifeblood of online business…
When it comes to doing business online, you will soon discover that it’s all about the traffic.
Traffic, or the number of internet users you’d be able to generate for your website, is and will always be the lifeblood of any online venture.
After all, what good is a website when there’s no one there to see its pages?
How successful will your digital products be if no one would be able to know about them?
Who will avail of your services when no one will get exposed to their existence?
Concept of traffic generation…
Contrary to what many people believe, generating traffic for your website does not start once your pages are published and have gone live.
Traffic generation strategies start at the very moment you are conceptualizing an idea for the website itself.
This is what on-page search engine optimization (SEO) is all about.
It is concerned with techniques that you could implement on your web pages themselves to ensure a good volume of traffic for your website.
80% of your traffic would come from the many search engines in the World Wide Web.
If each and every web page you have is optimized for these search engines, then your website would be in a good position to have a high rank for the results of every relevant query.
Before I share with you the SEO workflow process, let me restate, like I have always shared, that if you are not sure you can handle the SEO of your blog or website yourself, get a professional SEO service to handle it for you.
You can read more on 5 Reasons Why you Need An SEO Consultant.
Now, lets go into the details what makes up an SEO
• Keyword selection – Choosing the right keywords is essential for the success of your website.
Keywords are the popular search terms that people use to gather information from search engines.
If your web pages are populated by the right density of the correct keywords, then you’ll have better chances of winning the attention of the SEO search engine spiders.
To determine the appropriate keywords for the subject that your website will be servicing, use the free tools that can be found at https://www.semrush.com/ .
• Keyword placement in content – Content is the king of the internet. But even royalty needs support. Populate your content with the proper amount of keywords. A density level of at least 2% should be sought.
This means that the right keywords should be mentioned at least twice for every 100 words of text.
• META tags – META tags are HTML codes that do not have a bearing on the physical appearance of your web pages, but they do inform the search engine spiders that such web pages are appropriate for a particular query.
Always include the following META tags on the top portion of your source code.
You could copy-paste them from the list below, but do change the indicated fields. Also, make sure that you include your keywords as much as you could on your META tags.
• ALT tags. ALT tags refer to the text that would appear every time the mouse cursor would pass through an image. Your ALT tags should include your keywords.
• Page titles. Page titles are the captions that appear at the very top of your web page. Make sure that each web page in your website would have a different title that will include the appropriate keywords.
• Focus. Remember, search engines will crawl through your website per page.
Each page is a different project altogether. Focus is the key.
Ensure that each web page of yours would focus on a particular keyword or key phrase.
If there is an article in that page, make sure that the article will only discuss and include one keyword or key phrase from the list you have made.
Also, it would greatly help if you would name the page file in a manner that would include the keyword or key phrase it is focused on.
For example, http://www.thisisyourwebsite.com/thisisyourkeyword.html is a good page filename that would help boost your SEO efforts.
Following these guidelines would help you a lot in securing a favorable position in SEO results pages.
This, in turn, would guarantee you a sustainable and sufficient volume of traffic that would make your website a genuine success.